A huge thank Gary in Trampolines Ireland and Sean in the Irish Society for Autism for their tremendous show of support for St Paul’s. On Thursday 16th September 2021 Gary and Sean delivered a 14 foot Trampoline to St Paul’s Special School.
Trampolining has some extra benefits to children and adults who have to deal with sensory imbalances. This is particularly important in the case of autism. People with autism will often seek relief from these imbalances. They do so through repetitive movements such as rocking, swinging, and fidgeting. The act of bouncing on a trampoline is an excellent way to stimulate these soothing movements in a safe way.
10 reasons to incorporate bouncing on a Trampoline into the day…
1. Bouncing supports self-regulation…it can be calming or alerting, depending on the needs of the nervous system at any given moment
2. It provides proprioceptive input to the spine and lower body joints, which is also calming, organizing, and regulating
3. Improves body awareness and body in space
4. Helps the lymphatic system with circulation and drainage
5. Improves core strength
6. Movement helps the auditory system process
7. Improves lower body proximal stability and weight shifting
8. Supports attention to task and cognition
9. Supports visual processing and visual motor development
10. It is meaningful, purposeful, and fun!
Thanks again Gary and Sean, the children will have years of fun ahead!!!!
Trampolines Ireland can be contacted on 01 960 1641 (ROI) or 02837568930 (NI)